DANG! THIS POST IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
We’re on the hunt for a talented and passionate junior print designer to blow our socks off with their creativity and can-do attitude! The position is a three-month internship where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from an experienced and passionate team and build on your interest and flair for design. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes good typography, who’s horrified by widows, thinks of Adobe InDesign as their best friend and arranges their desk with a baseline grid.
You must also be able to demonstrate that you are extremely eager to learn, are able to bring fresh, creative ideas to the table and possess the ability to articulate your creative thinking.
At designdough, we’re a really tight team and we’re excited to find someone with the same mentality as us, so you’ll need to be ready to get stuck in, work hard and contribute creatively.
So whether you’re a junior designer with some industry experience, or a design graduate who can show us you have the know-how and the passion to become a top-class graphic designer, we’re more than happy to receive your application.
The type of projects you can expect to be working on include brochures, ‘zines, leaflets, print and digital marketing campaigns and a lot of interesting things in between for a wide range of clients. You need to be able to make the best out of any project you are given, be unafraid to try new things and always strive to go the extra mile for our clients.
A LITTLE ABOUT US…
So what’s so special about designdough anyway? And why should you apply for this position? Well, besides the endless supply of coffee and regular pool games, we are a truly progressive branding agency backed by a friendly team of like-minded, creative individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team as communicative, positive and collaborative as possible. We are expanding and seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms, so we’re constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief that comes our way and ensure that our clients are more than satisfied. Our creative process is both exciting and unique and has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project so that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
- Have a love of InDesign, but also know your way around the Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Have excellent layout skills and understand the importance of it.
- Have a keen eye for spotless typography.
- Have a solid understanding of the design process, from concept to completion.
- Be able to clearly and confidently articulate your design decisions.
- Show a willingness and desire to work closely with different members of the team.
- Be a people-person, able to build solid relationships with a varied range of clients.
- Be able to manage your time and be confident in your ability to meet deadlines.
- Have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your design skills.
- Be positive, enthusiastic and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL GET…
- A competitive three-month salary (with potential for extension depending on performance)
- An inspiring open-plan creative environment
- Regular team outings (often including beer-fuelled home-made pizza parties)
- An unlimited supply of awesome coffee
- Be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team
HOW TO APPLY…
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be taking a lot from the way you present your application (Especially your layout skills). We see brand as personality, and vice versa, so show off your brand to the best of your ability, with both message and visual. It’s simple really, all you’ve got to do is:
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully laid out CV (Word documents will be tutted at and put in the trash)
- Rustle up a beautifully crafted cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person both in terms of print design and personality (We gauge both attributes equally).
- Send us some examples of your best work…You don’t need to show us everything you’ve ever done, just show us the ones that’ll blow our socks clean off.
- If you send a PDF attachment, make sure it doesn’t exceed 100mb. Ideally, keep it below 20mb so we can open it in an email.
- Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it!
The deadline for applications is 22nd February so make sure you show us the best you can be!