Who we’re looking for…
We’re on the hunt for a talented and passionate middleweight designer to wow us with their ideas, can-do attitude, professionalism and creative prowess!
To be a middleweight graphic designer at designdough, you have to be able to push your creativity to its limits but then back up your ideas with logic and structured thinking, polish your concepts efficiently and to an incredibly high standard and have a meticulous eye for design detail.
You need to be a confident ‘people-person’ who is a dab-hand at multi-tasking and have the ability to turn a project around quickly whilst maintaining consistently high standards. You should also be able to demonstrate that you are eager to learn, are enthusiastic and driven, and possess the ability to articulate your creative thinking in both a proud yet humble way (or ‘prumble’ as we like to call it).
A little about us…
So what is it that‘s so special about designdough anyway? And why should you apply for this position? Well, besides the endless supply of good coffee and regular pool games, we are a truly progressive branding agency backed by a super friendly team of like-minded creative individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team communicative, positive and collaborative on the daily. We are rapidly expanding and are seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms, so we’re constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief and ensure that our clients are more than satisfied. Our creative process is both exciting and unique and has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project so that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
The tick list…
- You need to know the big three (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign) inside and out
- You must have a good understanding of print and web design processes
- Have solid and demonstrable experience of brand design
- Be able to clearly and confidently articulate your design decisions to both team members and clients
- Show a willingness and desire to work closely with different members of the designdough team
- Be a real people-person, able to build solid relationships with a varied range of clients
- Be able to manage your time down to the minute and be confident in your ability to meet deadlines
- You must have excellent layout skills and a keen eye for spotless typography
- Have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your design skills
- Be positive, enthusiastic and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude
What you’ll get…
- Competitive salary based on experience
- An inspiring open-plan creative environment
- Regular team outings (often including beer-fuelled home-made pizza parties)
- Access to a good pension plan
- An unlimited supply of fresh coffee
- Be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team
How to apply…
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be taking a lot from the way you present your application. We see brand as personality, and vice versa, so show off your brand to the best of your ability, with both message and visual.
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully laid out CV (If we spot a widow it’s going in the bin!)
- Take time over your cover letter and explain why you’re the perfect person both in terms of design skill and personality (We gauge both attributes equally).
- Send us some examples of your best work. This sounds obvious, right? Yet you’d be shocked by how many applications we get with no pdf or web link attached. You don’t need to show us everything you’ve done since uni, just the projects that’ll blow our socks clean off.
- Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it!