The Us Bit:
We’re designdough, a creative design agency based in Cardiff Bay. We believe that having the right team is intrinsic to getting the best outcomes possible and this is why we are now looking for a talented web developer to join us in-house. We work with a variety of clients through varying sectors across Wales and the UK and are looking for someone with brilliant organisational and communication skills – you need to be able to clearly explain your ideas and work to both technically, and non-technically minded people!
This is the perfect opportunity for the right person to continue to develop their skills, grow into a role integral to our studio, and keep us on our toes with their knowledge of the newest and most innovative dev practices!
The Work Bit:
We work with platforms such as WordPress and Magento so experience in these is essential. You need to be able to work closely with the team in order to lead WordPress CMS projects, including the development of themes, features, and bespoke plug-ins in order to keep us ahead of the game and delivering for our clients on a daily basis. We want someone who is eager to share their experience in the latest web technologies and newest digital trends.
We don’t expect you to be a design expert but we’d love you to have a good sense of UI/UX from a coder’s perspective. We want you to be able to confidently communicate project limitations to us but always be willing to try new things and really push the boundaries.
Not only will you receive a salary of up to £30k depending on your experience, you’ll also benefit from:
- unlimited free tea, coffee and pick’n’mix
- a luxury creative work environment
- an open, laid-back and friendly astmosphere
- your own 27″ iMac
- custom built standing desk (standing optional!)
- access to our games room
- easy commuting links
- staff social events throughout the year
The Essential Technical Bit:
- Proven ability to analyse requirements, create solutions and actively contribute to studio and client time scales
- Able to implement and test projects thoroughly in an ordered and strategic way
- Hard working and pro-active
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines and plan their workload effectively in a fast paced environment
- At least 3 years web development experience
The Desirable Technical Bit:
- SEO Experience
- Knowledge of Accessibility
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Web Security
The You Bit:
Our clients deserve the very best, so you will have a great eye for detail, a readiness to go the extra mile and have a ‘No probs’ attitude. You’ll also be able to confidently talk to clients about the development process in a way that they will understand, not everyone knows what dev is!
We work in an amazing studio and have a fun, high energy team. As we spend so much time together, we’re looking for someone who fits in, is willing to get stuck in, go the extra mile to help out and isn’t afraid to show how passionate they are about what they do. You’ll also have to be prepared for a pool challenge or two!
The Other Bits:
Salary: 20-30k depending on experience
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Responsible to: Director
Applications to: email@example.com