We believe that having the right team is intrinsic to getting the best outcomes possible and this is why we are now looking for a talented web developer to join us in-house. We work with a variety of clients from varying sectors across Wales and the UK, and are looking for someone with brilliant organisational and communication skills.
The Us Bit:
This is an ace opportunity for a progressive and ambitious developer who wants to try out new technologies on a diverse mix of projects. Of course, we build websites but we all know that design and development are so much more than pretty pictures and websites. We’re looking for the right type of person to use their development skills in order to problem-solve and create exciting and engaging outcomes that work effortlessly.
We want you there from the very start of projects, mixing with our designers and strategists within our briefing workshops, and truly getting to grips with the vision for the brand and web presence whilst understanding how you can apply that through your skill-sets.
Engaging our development team in early strategy sessions means that we’re able to think about projects in a very different way and we’re looking for someone who’ll speak up and is willing to share their ideas and interpretations. You’ll be working closely with the team, from design through development, to launch and post-launch support, so you’ll need to clearly communicate technical restrictions, but actively contribute solutions and new ideas, identifying challenges before they can become problems.
You’ll be eager to continually learn, open to new ideas and coding to a pre-agreed standard. You’ll want to try new frameworks and platforms, understanding the likes of Shopify and not be scared by Magento.
We’re constantly embracing new technologies, learning and thinking about how we can integrate them into our work and what doors they open – we’re not “just a WordPress Agency”! Frameworks like React, Laravel and Electron excites us and we’re open to new options and ideas to improve workflow, efficiency and the quality of our outcomes.
Our clients deserve the very best, so you will have a great eye for detail, a readiness to go the extra mile and have a ‘No probs’ attitude. You’ll also be able to confidently talk to clients about the development process in a way that they will understand, after all not everyone knows what ‘dev’ is!
We understand how important it is that you have time and space to focus, so flexitime and occasional remote working is also something we embrace. We live by the saying ‘you only get out what you put in’, so all of our team are rewarded providing they’re willing to put in the work and positively contribute to our workplace culture.
This is the perfect opportunity for the right person to continue to develop their skills, grow into a role integral to our studio, and keep us on our toes with their knowledge of the newest and most innovative dev practices! Click here to view details of our current tech stack.
The Job Bit:
Not only will you receive a salary of up to £30k, depending on your experience, but you’ll also benefit from:
- Flexi-time options
- Occasional remote working
- Time to progress and learn new skills
- A creative work environment
- An open, laid-back and friendly atmosphere
- Custom built standing desk (standing optional!)
- Access to our games room
- Staff social events throughout the year
The Essential Technical Bit:
- HTML5 / CSS3
- PHP / MYSQL
- Proven ability to analyse requirements, create solutions and actively contribute to studio and client time scales
- Able to implement and test projects thoroughly in an ordered and strategic way
- Hard working and proactive
- Must be able to work to strict deadlines and plan their workload effectively in a fast-paced environment
- At least 2 years web development experience
The Desirable Technical Bit:
Ideally, have experience with some of the following (But not essential):
- Node, ES6, VueJS, Angular or React
- Shopify, Magento, Laravel or another framework
- Linux server management
- Understanding of best practices and coding standards like PSR2
- SEO Experience
- Knowledge of Accessibility
- Knowledge of Data Protection and Web Security
The Other Bits:
- Salary: 20-30k depending on experience
- Monday: Friday 9am-5pm
- Responsible to: Director
- Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org