Could you be our Graphic Design Summer Intern?
We’re on the hunt for an intern to blow our socks off with their creativity, can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck in! This internship is a fantastic opportunity to work with an experienced and energetic team and to be a part of an exciting, progressive brand and digital agency. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes perfect typography, oozes creativity and thinks of Adobe as their best friend – so you’ll need to be confident in using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Extra points if you’re able to teach us a thing or two!
As our Graphic Design summer intern, we will want you to take a brief and work with our team to develop a creative response. You must also be able to demonstrate that you are extremely eager to learn, and be able to confidently present concepts to the team and ‘sell’ us the idea. You’ll be enthusiastic about new design trends, and be able to share and discuss any design ideas that you may have with us.
Graduates, we’re more than happy to receive your application! This is a perfect opportunity for a design grad to show us you have the know-how and the passion to become a top class designer.
The placement will be for up to 8 weeks.
A little about us…
So what’s so special about designdough anyway? And why should you apply for this position?
Well, besides the endless supply of coffee and regular pool games, we are a truly progressive brand and digital agency backed by a friendly team of like-minded creative individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team communicative, positive and collaborative on the daily. We are expanding and seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms. We’re constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief that comes our way and ensure that our clients are more than satisfied. Our creative process is both exciting and unique. It has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project so that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
- Know your way around the big three (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). A specific love of InDesign definitely gets you bonus points.
- Have a solid understanding of the design process, from concept to completion
- Have excellent layout skills and understand the importance of it
- Have a keen eye for spotless typography
- Be able to clearly and confidently articulate your design decisions
- Show a willingness and desire to work closely with different members of the team
- Be a people-person, able to build solid relationships with a varied range of clients
- Be able to manage your time and be confident in your ability to meet deadlines
- Have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your design skills
- Be positive, enthusiastic and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude
What you’ll get…
- A well paid internship! £16k pro rata
- An inspiring open-plan creative environment
- An unlimited supply of awesome coffee
- Be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team
How to apply…
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be taking a lot from the way you present your application. We see brand as personality, and vice versa, so show off your brand to the best of your ability. With both message and visual. But it’s simple really, all you’ve got to do is:
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully laid out CV (Word documents will be tutted at and put in the trash)
- Rustle up a beautifully crafted cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect person both in terms of design and personality (We gauge both attributes equally).
- Send us some examples of your best work…You don’t need to show us everything you’ve ever done, just show us the ones that’ll blow our socks clean off.
- If you send a PDF attachment, make sure it doesn’t exceed 100mb. Ideally, keep it below 20mb so we can open it in an email.
- Finally, don’t be shy – if you don’t apply you’ll never get it!
The deadline for applications is Friday 15th July 2022
There’s no bonus points for getting your application in early, so take your time, and make sure you show us the best you can be!
Please send your CV, cover letter & portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: Graphic Design Summer Intern