HIRED: Junior Designer
04.01.23Reading Time 2 MINUTES
We’re no longer accepting applications for the Junior Designer role
A new year begins and we’re building on an epic one just gone, so we’re on the hunt for a new Junior Designer.
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a little agency experience, but hey, we understand that you need the job to get the experience right. Either way, you’ll be ready to roll up your sleeves, get stuck straight in and become an intrinsic part of a great design team.
What’s required? Well, you’ll…
- Have finished uni, or be in a junior position ready for a change
- Know all about the Adobe Suite
- Have a keen eye for spotless typography
- Have experience working professionally with clients
- Be ready to work with a variety of projects
- Be excited by tight deadlines
- Assist the team with brand and digital projects
- Be friendly and supportive to our epic clients
As a member of the team, you should:
- Be ready to get stuck in and help wherever needed
- Show us some mad design skills
- Enjoy collaborating
- Be able to take feedback and positive criticism
- Be eager to join in meetings and workshops to gain a better understanding of briefs
- Have a solid relationship with your fellow designers – checking in before submitting work to clients
- Leave your design ego at the door and understand that we’re in this together – we welcome each other’s expertise and insight to come up with incredible ideas collectively
- Have an open and honest attitude – good or bad, you can always talk to someone at designdough
And you’ll get…
- £20k per annum
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- An inspiring, open-plan creative environment including the ‘Cosy Collaboration Room’ and a pool table (fancy a game?)
- Regular team outings (a pizza party here, a pub outing there)
- Access to a good pension plan
- An unlimited supply of fresh coffee or tea (and the odd cheeky biscuit)
- Latest Tech
How should you apply?
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be looking closely at the way you present your application. We’re all about Brand at designdough and a brand is a personality, so don’t be afraid to show yours through text and design.
Some top tips to get in our good books:
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully laid out CV
- Take time on your cover letter and explain why you’re the perfect person both in terms of design skill and personality (We gauge both attributes equally)
- Send us some examples of your best work. This sounds obvious, right? Yet you’d be shocked by how many applications we get with no pdf or URL attached
- Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it!
If you think you’re right for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV, cover letter, and folio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Junior Designer 2023’ by the 31.01.23.