HIRED: Middleweight Designer
22.08.22Reading Time 3 MINUTES
We’re Hiring! Middleweight Designer
We’re on the hunt for a talented and passionate Middleweight Designer to wow us with their ideas, can-do attitude, professionalism and creative prowess!
To be a middleweight graphic designer at designdough, you have to be able to push your creativity to its limits, back up your ideas with logic and strategic thinking, polish your concepts efficiently and to an incredibly high standard and have a meticulous eye for design detail.
Why should you work for us?
We are an honest, immersive, and progressive branding agency backed by a super friendly team of like-minded individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team communicative, positive and collaborative on the daily. We are expanding and are seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms; constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief and ensure that we smash our clients’ expectations. Our creative process is both exciting and unique and has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project. We truly believe that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
- Have at least 2 years industry experience
- Be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Have excellent layout skills and understand the importance of it
- Have a keen eye for spotless typography
- Be able to juggle various projects
- Be a pro at managing your time and meet deadlines
- Be able to build strong, communicative client relationships
- Understand how strategy shapes design in order to fulfil client briefs
- Know the design process like the back of your hand, from workshop to handover
- Know how to answer briefs and work with the team to get a better understanding
As a member of the team, you should:
- Happily get stuck in with brainstorming
- Bring fresh ideas to the table and possess the ability to articulate them confidently
- Offer constructive creative criticism and equally, take on board any that is offered
- Leave your design ego at the door and understand that we’re in this together – we welcome each other’s expertise and insight to come up with incredible ideas collectively
- Be eager to join in meetings and workshops to gain a better understanding of briefs
- Offer help and guidance to juniors to navigate software
- Collaborate with the design team – sharing workload where necessary and helping out where you can
- Have a solid relationship with your fellow designers – checking in before submitting work to clients
You should also:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Treat every project as a great opportunity
- Have a positive attitude and see every success and failure as a learning curve
- Have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your design skills
- Enjoy keeping up to date with latest industry trends
- Have an open and honest attitude – good or bad, you can always talk to someone at designdough
And you’ll get…
- A competitive salary up to £25k based on experience
- An inspiring, open-plan creative environment including the ‘Cosy Collaboration Room’ and a pool table (fancy a game?)
- Regular team outings (a pizza-party here, a pub outing there)
- Access to a good pension plan
- An unlimited supply of fresh coffee or tea (and the odd cheeky biscuit)
- Be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team
How should you apply?
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be looking closely at the way you present your application. We’re all about Brand at designdough and a brand is a personality, so don’t be afraid to show yours through text and design.
Some top tips to get in our good books:
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully laid out CV
- Take time on your cover letter and explain why you’re the perfect person both in terms of design skill and personality (We gauge both attributes equally)
- Send us some examples of your best work. This sounds obvious, right? Yet you’d be shocked by how many applications we get with no pdf or URL attached
- Send us some examples of your finest work. Sounds obvious, right? You’d be shocked by how many applications we get with no pdf or web link attached. You don’t need to show us everything you’ve done since uni, just the projects that’ll blow our socks clean off. Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it! We’re a kind bunch, and we’re so excited to hear from you. Use this as your chance to showcase why you do what you do – share your passion with us, and it will shine right through.
- Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it!
Salary: Up to £25,000 per year
Expected start date: 03/10/2022
Job type: Full-time, permanent (subject to 6 month trial period)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
If you think you’re right for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV, cover letter, and any extras to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Middleweight Designer’.