HIRED: Senior Designer
22.08.22Reading Time 4 MINUTES
We’re Hiring! Senior Designer (Hired)
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Senior Designer to join our growing team. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with an experienced and energetic team and to become a part of an exciting, progressive brand and digital agency. We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes perfect typography, oozes creativity (especially in branding) and is fluent in all things Adobe.
Having a hunger for learning is essential for our team at designdough. We see creative progression as an essential part of the job role. Within this role, you will be able to bring fresh and creative ideas to the table, articulating your creative thinking fluently.
Our Senior Designers are integral to our team and are responsible for creatively fulfilling large design projects through every stage of our design process – from workshop to handover. As a Senior Designer, your projects will be brilliantly varied and cover brand, campaign, print, animation and web. However, for this particular role, we are looking for someone with good experience in brand and web design, but experience in other disciplines is useful.
We live and breathe strategy, it is an essential part of our offering and forms the basis for whatever project is being undertaken. This understanding needs to be woven into the final design outcomes – whatever the project. You should have a confident grasp of how design and strategy work hand-in-hand and how this can be communicated to clients eloquently.
You’ll work closely with the director and help to set standards and expectations as well as leading by example in terms of positive attitude and good practice for the rest of the team.
It will be your responsibility to ensure projects are carried out to a high-standard, but you will also provide advice and support to colleagues wherever possible. You will ensure project outcomes are the very best that they can be.
Workshops and internal/external meetings will become part of your day-to-day, and you will have an active role in offering advice and insights into shaping a project and advising clients on the best course of action. Everyone gets to have their say, and that’s really important to us.
Why should you work for us?
We are an honest, immersive, and progressive branding agency backed by a super friendly team of like-minded individuals. Our culture is really important to us and we work hard to keep our team communicative, positive and collaborative on the daily. We are expanding and are seriously ambitious, in both design and business terms; constantly looking to push the boundaries with every brief and ensure that we smash our clients’ expectations. Our creative process is both exciting and unique and has been carefully crafted by the team to ensure we’re all invested in every project. We truly believe that the more that we put in, the more we get out.
- A strong experience in both Brand and UI/UX design – a minimum of 4 years experience
- An epic portfolio that demonstrates a range of skills and techniques with particular focus on Brand and Web design
- A strong understanding of strategy
- A creative individual with an eye for composition, spotless typography and colour
- Expert knowledge of design principles and techniques
- Have a deep love of Adobe Illustrator and all of its quirks, but also know your way around XD, Photoshop & Indesign
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Experience, confidence and insight when participating in client workshops to advise and shape the scope of a project
- Be able to clearly and confidently articulate your design decisions to both clients and colleagues
- Natural problem solving and be able to produce creative solutions to complex issues
- Take pride in your work but are comfortable taking creative direction and constructive criticism
- An ability to handle a project at all stages from concept to delivery
- Have a desire to progress professionally and constantly improve your skills
- Be positive, enthusiastic and approach all projects with a ‘can do’ attitude
And you’ll get…
- A competitive salary up to £30k based on experience
- An inspiring, open-plan creative environment including the ‘Cosy Collaboration Room’ and a pool table (fancy a game?)
- Regular team outings (a pizza-party here, a pub outing there)
- Access to a good pension plan
- An unlimited supply of fresh coffee or tea (and the odd cheeky biscuit)
- To be part of a super-friendly, supportive & encouraging team
How should you apply?
The way you communicate says a lot about the kind of designer you are, so we’ll be taking a lot from the way you present your application. We see brand as personality, and vice versa, so show off your brand to the best of your ability, with both message and visuals.
- Ensure you have a fully up-to-date and beautifully crafted CV
- Take time with your cover letter and explain why you’re the perfect person both in terms of skill and personality (We gauge both attributes equally).
- Send us some examples of your finest work. Sounds obvious, right? You’d be shocked by how many applications we get with no pdf or web link attached. You don’t need to show us everything you’ve done since uni, just the projects that’ll blow our socks clean off. Finally, don’t be shy, if you don’t apply you’ll never get it! We’re a kind bunch, and we’re so excited to hear from you. Use this as your chance to showcase why you do what you do – share your passion with us, and it will shine right through.
Salary: Up to £30,000 per year
Expected start date: 03/10/2022
Job Type: Full-time, permanent (subject to 6 month trial period)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
If you think you’re right for this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your CV, cover letter, and any extras to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title ‘Senior Designer’.